Monday, March 30, 2009

She's a Keeper

Olivia is making a lot of new friends. She's had 2 different visiting nurses come and visit since she's been home, and she always seems to make quite an impression. During the first visit, Olivia decided screaming was not the only way to express her displeasure at the nurse's poking and prodding. She decided that projectile pooping across the floor during the exam might give Heidi a clue about her state of mind. 

Her vitals are doing very well during these visits. Her Oxygenation is staying in the upper 70's -- which is acceptable for her condition but 'lousy' for the average human -- for a healthy human we'd like to see oxygenation at or above 95%. 

She's also gaining weight, which as we've been told can be a struggle for cardic kids. She is now officially 6 lbs 1 oz -- which means we don't have to toss her back. :) Her appetite is excellent, there are no signs she's slowing down at all.

She also has had more blood drawn to keep an eye on her Liver & Bilirubin values. Hopefully those results should be back in a day or two. 

I'll get some more pictures up in a day or two of her chillin' at home.

6 comments:

  1. Sheeshhh...and I thought it was bad when the animals decide to bite out of displeasure. Projectile poo...nice visual. Glad to hear things are going well. My cold is almost gone, wedding almost over with, and then I can stop over and see everyone again. Keep gaining weight little one. You are all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey don't make the wedding sound like such a bad thing :) Sara and I just found out how important a good marriage is, to deal with a little crisis called Olivia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, for her first few weeks on earth, Olivia sure has gained a lot of nicknames!!! :-) Good for her - projectile poo is a great communication tool - quick and to the point! No questions about her meaning! :-) I'm so happy to hear she is progressing and gaining weight. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one of my pets at Dr. Ben's office today and learned of Olivia's Big Adventure. I wish the best for all of you and hope that things continue to go well. Sounds like she has come a long way already; what a little fighter! She will be riding a bike before you know it. Take care and I hope you both are catching up on some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great on the weight gain! Things are looking very good. I always figured you two would have a strong stable marrige!Kiss the Lil Peanut for me ~.

    ReplyDelete