Monday, March 23, 2009

Don't Call Me Yellar

The last couple of days have been nice and uneventful. Sara and I have been trying catch up on some sleep. 2+ weeks of bedside vigils are taking their toll. My cold is finnaly gone only to be passed on to Sara and her mother. Now if my gut hadn't managed to pick up a nice hospital bug I'd be wonderful.... hahaha. Sleep has become a very precious and elusive commodity never again will we take a nice soft bed for granted.

As I mentioned in the previous post, Olivia's Heart Doctors are very happy with her progress and want to get her home ASAP. Only now her Bilirubin values have been creeping up again. The Dr from the weekend wants to get the GI service involved again to make sure nothing was missed. Olivia looks great, feels great, eats great so hopefully this is just a remnant of all the medications she's had pumped through her little body in the last 2 weeks. 

I'll post when we hear from the GI people (hopefully later today).


5 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear from you. Although I am glad you got some rest, this long period with no post frightened me as it may have others. I am so happy to hear the good news. I hope lil Peanut is home soon !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo just showed up. My ! The Peanut sure looks like a fighter to me. Look at that expression - Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful little diva she is! She really looks so good for all that she has been through in her first month of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there! I hope you feel better soon. I had the same thing happen to me with Roman. I was sick as a dog for about three days. Kelleyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think I got your cold too Ben. lol I am so glad things are looking up. Let us hope that it is just the meds causing the recent increases of worry. Hang in there everyone!

    ReplyDelete