Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rumble Strips!! Wake UP!!!

As I mentioned earlier, Olivia had quite a fussy night. She just didn't want to settle down, didn't want to eat, Blood Gas values off somewhat, and running borderline fever (100.7). During rounds this morning they mentioned being concerned about infection -- UTI? -- Intestine? -- They had changed her from broad spectrum Vancomycin to Cefazolin antibiotics yesterday, so maybe something isn't responding to the med changes? 

They have done another Cardiac Echo this morning, making sure the repair looks good, won't have results until later today. They have changed her antibotics back to Vancomycin. She has been recatheterized to get a urine culture. A blood culture has also been taken.

Since they've done this work-up, Olivia's been sleeping in Sara's arms. Temp is 97.0, Bloodgas values have returned to normal. All she needed was mom's touch :)

Hopefully this little hiccup today was just that,  a little warning from our Diva to not get over confident. 

As long as the light we're seeing at the end of the tunnel isn't a train... we're happy.

As soon as I hear about the Echo I'll pass the news on.

3 comments:

  1. It's NOT a train. I refuse to think that it could be.

    Sara,I sent a hug to you with your Mom today!!! And many smooches for the Diva.

    As always you all are in my thoughts!!!
    affectionately
    Mandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have faith there is no train. The track has had some damage, however they work miracles in this day and age for babies and children. I can just see little Peanut resting in Sara's arms for nitey. Give her a kiss for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay. Didn't really like the title of this posting. I immediately thought you had fallen asleep at the wheel while driving back and forth between BC and Ann Arbor. Glad to hear that the little Diva is happy to be back in her Mom's arms!

    ReplyDelete