Monday, November 1, 2010

A Bundle of Joy at the End of the Rainbow

My Dearest Olivia,

I'd like to introduce you to your little sister Amelia Anne.

She was born 2 weeks ago today on 10/18/10. She tipped the scales at 7lbs 3oz & 20 3/4  inches long. She came into this world a very special child -- not just that's she's a Rainbow Baby, but she's got you as her older sister and personal Guardian Angel.

We know you've been watching over her since we first found out about being pregnant on your 1st Birthday. A day where we should have been giving you presents, you gave us the best present we could have ever dreamed of.

All throughout the next 9 months you have never been far from our thoughts and hearts; every Dr's visit, every test, every ultrasound, anxious days of waiting. You guided us and helped reassure us that all would be OK.

When we had the 3-D ultrasound, Amelia's face reminded us so much of you. The broad nose (yeah that's daddy's nose -- poor girl), your mother's lips, munching on her hand, even the little episode of Hiccups she had during the ultrasound reminded us of you.

Olivia's Little Sister
There were tears of joy and sadness when she was born; Joy because we finally got to meet our Rainbow Baby. Sadness because it reminded us of what we've lost. Your beautiful picture sat at our bedside, giving us strength all night long.

I'm sure you'd approve of her first out fit too!! Not only does she wear it proudly, it also has a nice Dragonfly on it :)

We miss you everyday peanut, but we know Amelia couldn't have hoped for a better Big Sister. Thanks for guiding her safely into this world. Thanks you for acting as her personal Guardian Angel now and in the future as Amelia grows into the healthy and wonderful person she's destined to be.

We'll love you always.

Love,
Dad, Mom, & Amelia

6 comments:

  1. amazing that you have the courage to write about it and do it so well.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I think she looks SO much like Olivia. I'm so glad you have another little angel to look after and take care of and love. I know Olivia is watching over and protecting her little sister. Love you all. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. Thanks for continuing to share your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't see a place to email you so I thought I'd post this as a comment. I'm glad to hear about your sweet rainbow baby. I have been so touched by your story of Olivia. I'd love to add your story with a link back to your blog to a list of stories on our website. www.honoringourangels.blogspot.com

    Let me know if you'd like me to add your story. You can email me at remembered2008@gmail.com

    Thanks,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been following people in facebook and haven't looked here for a long time, so I didn't learn of this wonderful news.

    Congratulations!

    Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  6. We give out individual loans and public loans, such as company loans, commercial loans, investment loans, and many more. With short and long term services schedule and also with an affordable interest rate of 3% only. For more information about our genuine services, kindly contact us via email musaddiqloanlending@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete